I grew up in a musical family. Music has always been a huge part of my life! It’s been a welcomed companion during times of both sorrow and of joy.
In my career and in my personal home life I’ve used thoughtfully selected music as almost a soundtrack to the best of times and the worst. There’s always a song that can express things better than words can ever do. Music is what emotions sound like!
My music therapy background has left me feeling very confident in my ability to adapt music to exactly what a given atmosphere needs. Something light, joyful, calming, soothing, uplifting, whimsical or playful. There’s music for it all.
Here’s some stuff about my professional music background:
* Music Therapy Degree from FSU with concentration on Harp Performance
* Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC)
* NICU Certified Music Therapist (NICU-MT)
* Professional Harpist and Pianist for 15+ years
* Work experience with Hotels, Resorts, Venues, Adult Day, Assisted Living,Skilled Nursing, Hospice, Long-term Rehab, Cancer Centers and Regional Hospital Settings
*Interviewed for a National News story on the benefits Music Therapy in a Medical Setting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTduNOoxb9I
*Interviewed for a Local News story on the benefits Music Therapy in a Medical Setting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZNF9anPVAo
* Featured playing the harp for a local Subaru Commercial
* Awarded a full scholarship to study the harp at FSU after only playing the instrument for a year
I love playing music. I’m so grateful that I have instruments, some natural talent and years of lessons and support behind me. And I love performing and sharing all that stuff I’ve practiced and perfected over the years! Let’s work together to create a perfect soundtrack for the important occasions in our lives. Hope to chat soon!